. The relevant privacy information is shown during the online application process.
NLA Tenant Check provides landlords and agents referencing and credit check services for tenants and guarantors in relation to private rented accommodation.
When you register for an account with us or place orders, we will collect personal data. This privacy notice sets out how we collect and process this data.
The security of your personal data is extremely important to us and we have safeguards and measures in place to ensure that it is protected.
This policy may be updated from time to time. The last revision of this policy was made in May 2018.
Data Controller and Contact Details
NLA Tenant Check is operated by FLS Tenant Referencing Services Limited on behalf of the National Landlord Association.
For the purposes of relevant data protection legislation, we are a controller of your personal data and can be contacted on the below contact details:
Information we hold about you
- Personal data you provide when you register for an account with us
- Personal data you provide to us in person, via our website, by email or by telephone when you place orders with us
- Information about your use of our website
The personal data we collect will include your name, address, telephone number and email address.
How we use your information and the lawful basis for doing so
We do not pass on or sell your data for marketing or other purposes. We do not share information without consent unless the law and this policy allow us to do so.
Who we pass your personal data to
We may pass your information to third parties, which may include:
- Our insurance partners in order to facilitate orders for rent guarantee and legal expenses products and any claims made under such policies
- Companies that provide processing or administration services to us under contract for activities described in this policy
- Fraud prevention agencies, police or other organisations where we have a duty to, or are permitted to disclose your personal information by law
- The National Landlords Association
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our dedicated secure servers which are located in the UK and are built with the latest technology. We will not transfer your personal data outside of the European Union.
How we keep your data safe
All website data and online forms are encrypted. We regularly review our data security policy and maintain robust firewall, anti-virus and anti-malware protection.
Physical devices such as computers which are used to process personal data are located in secure parts of our offices. Access is permitted only to authorised persons and we operate full coverage CCTV and security systems.
How long we keep personal data for
We will store your personal data for 36 months from the date of your last order. This is to enable us to maintain compliance and in case we need to refer to our records in the unlikely event that you wish to lodge a complaint against us.
You may request earlier deletion of your details if you have not processed any orders on your account.
To request deletion of your data, please email email@example.com or write to us at our postal address.
Access to your personal data and your rights
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information that we hold, please submit a request to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at our postal address.
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- seek redress, either through the ICO, or through the courts
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at